Sunday, July 11, 2010

7-11-10 "Old" Music

We were chatting at work last night, reminiscing in a way, about the old music. Music from the time in our lives when we really "grooved". Mine is music from my elementary school years: Earth Wind and Fire, Chic, Gloria Gaynor, Donna Summer...I always think of them as music we would roller skate to. Not those inline skates that the kids wear now but the 4 wheelers with 2 wheels in front and 2 in back and a stopper or "brake" on the front of each. But if you were cool, you would not use the "brake" and just drag the back foot and stop that way. If you were super cool, you could do a tight spin and stop. Those were the days of short gym shorts, tube tops, and knee high tube socks. Looking back at that image, I am glad that fashion has changed a little bit, though the shorts need to still get a bit longer, no one wants to see "muffins" or camel toes. I don't care if you can physically get the zipper up, people will look whether they want to or not and that is something NO ONE wants to accidentally see.
That reminds me that I was thinking earlier how I am getting older and everything is just going to get worse. I have passed the "highlight" time of my life and now I must be resigned to not being able to be at the top of my game but to settle for whatever I can attain. That sounds like it should be in the darker blog that I have but it was what I was thinking long before the "old music" came about.
What the heck am I going to do with my life? What will the next class be? How will I pay for it? What career will I end up with? I just don't know still. I like to think that I am good with numbers, I don't want to be "the first contact" of a place, I don't want to deal with the type of people who don't "Earn their keep"!
It is good to be me because:
1. I have great hair
2. I am great at applying makeup
3. I can drive stick shift
4. I can cook
5. I can knit well
6. I am artistic
7. I can move to the beat
8. I can still touch my palms past my toes
9. I can learn new things
10. I have 4 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment